Amazon Cloud Services is a collection of cloud computing services by Amazon Web Services (AWS), which provides temporary storage, compute and database services. In this article, I would like to tell you about the essential aspects of Amazon’s cloud technology. Briefly but clearly I will tell you all you need to know before going live and blasting all your competitors with a mighty AWS implementation. Also, Amazon Cloud Services is a great hosting solution for anyone with a limited budget but unlimited ideas to build their website.
What is Amazon Web Service?
Amazon Web Services, also known as AWS, is a cloud computing service provided by Amazon. It offers applications and infrastructure as a service and lets developers access computer resources in the cloud using a web browser. The company provides the platform as well as support services, such as application development, data storage, and networking.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) gives the most reliable, scalable, affordable infrastructure platform in the cloud that empowers thousands of companies in 190 countries around the globe—including startups, small and large companies, institutions, non-profits, and administrative agencies.
It includes the Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWS) for programming web services, the Amazon Container Registry (amzn) for creating and managing applications in the Amazon Container Store, and the Amazon Virtual Machine (ami).
History of Amazon Web Services
- 1999 – Amazon Web Services is established
- 2004 – The term cloud computing is coined by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos
- 2006 – Amazon Web Services goes live
- 2010 – With the birth of AWS, being called the biggest cloud transition in history
- 2016 – It becomes one of the fastest-growing services in all of Amazon.
Important AWS Services
Amazon provided many free services and applications. But when you need something that can help your business grow substantially, there are a few things you should know. It is vital to gain knowledge about these services so that you can select the best option for your needs. By following this guide, you will gain an understanding of some of the most important AWS services and how they can benefit your business. Click Here to check AWS Pricing.
Compute is a new type of virtual machine that you can use to rapidly develop applications and runs applications faster than with traditional virtual machines. It is aimed at accelerating the development of applications by providing a single easy-to-use environment with all the necessary infrastructure and tools. Installing AWS Compute Services doesn’t require any changes to your code and does not impact your disk usage. You can use it to develop both large and small-scale applications. To get certified in AWS Certification Click Here.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Opsworks – IT automation made easy
- AWS CloudFormation – Aims to produce a safe, repeatable, and predictable way of creating and running applications in the cloud. Unlike Infrastructure as Code (IAC) which is more statically defined, CloudFormation enables a greater degree of customization and provides more dynamism.
- AWS Lambda – allows developers to run code for virtually
Three features that help you lot to migrate AWS
- Amazon S3 – It is a mechanism of upload data into the cloud
- Load Balancer: To balancing the requests of users for easy access
- Database Migration Service: Helps to make a connection between your local database and your data on AWS.
Amazon is one of the leading companies that offer storage apps. They provide excellent storage services at an inexpensive cost.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Amazon Glacier Archive Service (GAR)
Amazon has created multiple analytics tools on its cloud services platform. These tools include Amazon streaming analytics, Amazon QuickSight, and Amazon Pinpoint Analytics to name a few. These analytics tools are built in-house with a flexible interface that can be changed without the need for programming skills. It includes.
- Cloud search
- Quik sight
- Elastic search
AWS Management Services
AWS Management services help you secure access to your AWS resources, automate their change management and resolve common issues when they happen. It’s a centralized platform that you can use to automate managing multiple AWS resources while also adhering to best practices.
- Manage Amazon Web Service via command line
- Create & manage users and groups
- Manage your content using CloudWatch
Internet of Things
The (IoT) has become the most important technology of our time. It’s used to control locks, cameras, lights, and other devices that help keep our homes and businesses secure. It has made driving smarter with data collection and insight that can help you avoid accidents.
The most popular services…
- AWS IoT Device Provisioning Service
- IoT Data Analytics
- IoT Device Management
- Code Star: A free and open-source platform to manage application development, the AWS Developer Zone provides AWS users with a place to share code, collaborate on projects, and ask questions concerning programming concepts and techniques.
- CodeCommit: AWS CodeCommit for managing git repositories.
- Code Build: it aids to build and compile your code
- CodePipeline : Set up continuous integration using CodePipeline and CodeDeploy
Advantages of Amazon Web Services
- Focused on customers and met their requirements
- Lower the entry barrier
- Create new business models
- Improve the customer experience
- Accelerate your speed to market
- Future proof your technology investment
- 24/7 Availability, meaning no downtime or maintenance
- Reliability, 99.9% uptime (more than any other cloud provider)
- Scalable from the ground up to support growth through all growth levels
- Innovative, making things better for their customers and helping with fast-growth ideas
- Low Latency Network within the AWS Cloud, Which Leads to Faster Time to Market for New Applications
Disadvantages of AWS
- You have to install and configure the instance yourself.
- The servers operate on different hardware.
- It is costlier than a cloud-like Google or Microsoft Cloud.
- AWS works only for the Linux environment and does not perform very well with Windows.
Applications of Amazon Web Services
- Database Applications
- Infrastructure automation
- Using AWS to build a website
- Automate building components
- Speed of deployment in AWS
- Test and migrate applications
- Social networking
- Academic computing
- Real-time processing
- Static website hosting
- Media Sharing
Well-Known Companies using Amazon Web Services