Finding the best cheap WordPress hosting on your own is very difficult. Therefore we conducted our tests and identified the best cheap WordPress hosting providers in the market. The most important thing you should keep in mind concerning hosting is that you do not always get what you pay for. Several web hosts in our list come with excellent ratings.
Bluehost is amongst the hosting companies, which is officially recommended by WordPress.org and is also the most convenient solution available in the market. With Bluehost, you can have a nice custom panel that allows you to manage your hosting setup. It also comprises all the features that you may need for building and launching your WordPress site.
- Basic ($2.95/month): Includes one website alongside 50GB of disk space and a free domain name
- Plus ($5.45/month): Unlimited websites, unmetered website space, and unlimited email accounts and email storage
- Choice Plus ($5.45/month): Includes everything present in the Plus subscription and added domain privacy and auto site backups.
Hostinger has been in the market for a while and has been known for its affordable prices but what it offers is above affordable. Right now, the cheapest hosting plan they are offering is $0.99 per month. Although this is only for the initial pay period, and after that, you have to pay $7.99 per month, but still, it is a great way of getting yourself a host for a simple website project. The only problem you may face is that this cheapest setup doesn’t comprise a free SSL certificate, and also, there aren’t any daily backups.
- Single ($0.99/month): Best launching your first site
- Premium ($2.15/month): Suitable for you if you are interested in launching a couple of sites but don’t want huge traffic. You will also get a free domain for the first year.
- Business ($3.45/month): Suitable for normal website projects. You will get free SSL and daily backups alongside a free domain name for the first year.
Namecheap is the most affordable host as it no longer has sub-$1 monthly prices and offers cheap pay monthly WordPress hosting. Namecheap allows you to select either a US- or UK-based data center. You will be provided with about 20GB of SSD-accelerate disk space, unlimited bandwidth, and you will be allowed to run about three sites.
- Stellar ($1.58/month): You will get 20GB SSD-accelerated disk space with a possibility to run around three websites
- Stellar Plus ($4.88/month): Gives you unmetered SSD-accelerated storage, bandwidth, and websites
- Stellar Business ($8.88/month): Get 50GB pure SSD disk space paired with unmetered bandwidth and unlimited websites
DreamHost was founded back in the year 1996. It is a stalwart in the web hosting industry. DreamHost is just all-around solid, having affordable prices, good ratings, and a longstanding reputation.
- Shared Starter ($2.59/month): Offers a single website with unlimited traffic and daily backups
- Shared Unlimited ($7.95/month): Provides unlimited websites, unlimited traffic, and daily backups
SiteGround is mentioned as the best WordPress host available. The WordPress plans comprise free site transfers, support Git on higher plans, and consist of the SuperCacher tool for enhanced speeds.
- Startup ($6.99/month): Best for startups and modest business required for hosting a single website
- GrowBig ($9.99/month): Suitable for businesses having multiple WordPress websites
- GoGeek ($14.99/month): Ideal for companies that have a lot of traffic
GoDaddy is a renowned name in hosting. The WordPress plans they provide are a combo of low entry-level price and free domain and auto backups.
- Basic ($1/month): Provides a single website and around 25,000 visitors per month
- Deluxe ($12.99/month): Provides a single website with 100,000 visitors per month
- Ultimate ($19.99/month): Offers two websites with 400,000 visitors per month
InMotion provides you with the cheapest WordPress hosting plans combined with various advanced functions such as support for WP-CLI and free website transfers.
- Launch ($4.99/month): Ideal for modest business setups as it provides up to two websites
- Power ($5.99/month): Best suited for small website portfolios as it offers a maximum of six websites
- Pro ($13.99/month): Suitable for power users as it comes with advanced support options and can handle unlimited websites
Although iPage doesn’t provide many WordPress plans like its competitors, several amazing features lie in popular pre-installed plugins and a customized control panel.
- WP Starter ($3.75/month): Best suited for modest websites and it comprises unlimited space and bandwidth
- WP Essential ($6.95/month): Designed for businesses and comprises enhanced security and performance features
The reputation of HostGator amongst the WordPress hosts is not very good even after its cheap services. They have recently made a turnaround through their WordPress cloud hosting plans that provide you with free auto-backups and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates.
- Hatchling ($2.75/month): Designed for small blogs as it supports a single website combined with decent traffic
- Baby ($3.95/month): Suitable for small online stores and service sites as it offers unlimited websites with moderate traffic
- Business ($5.95/month): Best for established businesses and enterprises with robust requirements as it provides unlimited sites
A2 Hosting is a renowned independent WordPress hosting service that provides you with the best combo of performance and affordability. The best thing about A2 Hosting is that it gives you pay-monthly hosting even on their cheapest hosting tiers. You will also be provided with a pre-installed WordPress paired with a pre-configured free SSL certificate.
- Lite ($2.99/month): Good for basic sites as it supports a single website with unlimited storage and data transfer
- Swift ($4.90/month): Designed for medium-traffic sites and small stores and supports unlimited websites with double resources
- Turbo ($9.31/month): Offers unlimited sites backed by Turbo functionality of A2 hosting for faster page load times. Best suited for performance-conscious users.