Finding the Best Document Management Software is a necessary process in order to run a business in a successful manner. The best document management software system will provide you with total control over documents and make sure that everything is stored in one central location. However, it can be difficult to find the right program for your business because there are so many options available. This article will help you decide which software is best for you.
Best Document Management Software
Templafy is the best document management software for small business. It is user-friendly and super affordable. This document management software has an intuitive interface, which allows users to complete their tasks easily, efficiently, and in record time.
Templafy offers a number of advanced features to help you increase your document productivity:
- This DMS software has a powerful search engine that allows you to locate any document in your collection instantly, instead of spending hours looking for it.
- Templafy offers a range of templates that allow you to save time when creating new documents and eliminate spelling errors thanks to the spell checker.
- Advanced Text Retrieval Engine allows you to search through your documents by keywords, phrases, date, etc.
- The system allows you to associate any file format with its native application for quick access. However, if no counterpart is found, the program will automatically open it in the default editor installed on your PC.
- You can attach files to documents and share them with your colleagues or customers through email or online collaboration space such as Google Docs, Dropbox, or the Live Writer blog platform.
It is an open source document management system. This DMS Software help businesses store, manage and share vital documents, making them instantly accessible from anywhere and by anyone.
- It is an intuitive, user-friendly, and affordable document management software solution to help you manage the paperless office.
- eFileCabinet allows you to electronically store documents and create a secure repository that can be shared by multiple users.
- It is a complete file-sharing network that provides a platform for building collaborative workflows between distributed enterprises.
- eFileCabinet’s powerful enterprise-class search engine allows for quick and easy retrieval of files needed to complete any task, from any location on any device.
- This document management software is ideal for accountants, small businesses, real estate agents, attorneys, mortgage brokers, and anyone who wants to organize office files and records.
Bynder is a cloud-based image, video, and free offline document management software. It allows you to sync your image, video, and files with any number of computers and mobile devices and share them with friends!
- Bynder saves everything in the cloud automatically. All you have to do is install the app and register for an account.
- In Bynder, you’ll be able to create libraries out of your documents and share these with employees, without having to worry about syncing or security.
- Your team will be able to work on the same document at the same time, using different devices and operating systems.
- Using Bynder will also save you time by allowing you to access all the documents from one place. You’ll be able to find the information you need in seconds, with instant search and a powerful interface that allows for full text search.
Microsoft SharePoint is a groupware and open source document management system, developed by Microsoft. It is a powerful tool for collaboration. It provides a place to store documents, manage calendars and schedules, organize data, and of course, it can even be used to make a website. It is a great company tool for productivity and project management.
- It is also an open platform so you can combine it with other applications to enhance its functionality.
- The best part is that you do not have to be an IT genius to configure or deploy SharePoint so that your business processes are streamlined and efficient.
- Microsoft maintains security on a level that most small businesses can’t afford. Its data centers are equipped with redundant power supplies, fire detection systems, multi-tiered security systems, and sophisticated monitoring devices that allow it to perform frequent backups of all user data.
- Sharepoint also offers lots of free training and support materials on its website (office.com). The service can be scaled up or down depending on your organization
Docuware is a document management software, which supports all major operating systems and can be installed on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Docuware is the most efficient way to create, manage and distribute any document.
- It is web-based DMS Softwrare, and can be use remotely from anywhere.
- The license is free for non-commercial use.
- It has advance editing options that helps you to create high quality documents with rich font stylesg, images, tables and muchmore.
- It allows you to collaborate with your team members on the same document and track all changes made in it by anyone.
Logicaldoc is an open source document management system that has been built to be easy to use, to be secure, and to give you complete control over your documents. It’s a cloud-based document management solution that offers users to save and share documents in the cloud.
- It is a developer-friendly platform that provides many tools to extend its functionality through custom modules, connectors, and apps.
- With LogicalDOC, you can manage all your documents, emails, images, and other types of business files in one place, without any limit.
- It provides a RESTful API which enables third-party developers to create new solutions on top of Logicaldoc.
- LogicalDOC has been translated into more than 30 languages, with support for more than 20 native file formats.
IncoDocs is a web-based document management system that allows you to collect, organize and share all your files. Unlike most cloud storage services, IncoDocs is designed to work with your desktop documents, not just a limited set of documents from each platform. You can add any existing or new file type to IncoDocs, then open it with the appropriate program.
- No Ads – IncoDocs has no advertisements at any level. It’s just you, your files and us.
- Public domain – All files in IncoDocs are by default in public domain. Even if you want to keep them copyrighted, you can do that with a single click in your settings.
- Recording – You can record any document as audio or video file for free. If you choose to store it on our server, we recommend using Amazon S3.
- Moderation – Every file can be moderated by a moderator from your organization. You can add unlimited moderators. Each file will have an option for moderators to see all or some of the previous versions of this file which allows moderators to restore previous version or delete the unwanted content from the current version.
- IncoDocs allows user to upload there documents in PDF format and convert these documents into editable PDF format (Open Office). This feature helps user to edit same documents if required anytime later
AODocs is a free document management software for windows designed to create and manage your documentation easily. It is primarily intended for software developers and technical writers in order to write and maintain API documentation. The resulting documentation can be exported in various formats (PDF, CHM, HTML).
- AODocs supports the most popular file formats such as PowerPoint, PDF, Excel, Word, and Zip. It also provides seamless integration with Google Drive™ and Microsoft Office 365 servers.
- The system allows for the creation of dedicated folders and roles that determine who can view and edit particular documents.
- AODocs was built on the principle of end-to-end encryption. The company encrypts all documents uploaded to its platform and gives users total control over their files using their encryption key.
- Documents can be securely shared with other users in different groups with different levels of access rights such as Read Only or Read & Write.
- The system is available in multiple languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, and Swedish.
FileNet Content Manager
FileNet Content Manager is a DMS Software designed to help businesses with their document management needs. It was designed to be able to handle very large documents as well as small ones and to help the user find what they are looking for in the shortest time possible. The software was created by FileNet Corporation of Santa Clara, California.
FileNet Content Manager offers simple scalability, rich functionality, and a powerful API set to help you:
- Manage information from anywhere — Web, file servers, applications or databases
- Improve business processes by leveraging existing investments in technology
- Reduce IT costs by simplifying storage and management of information
- Speed time to market with pre-built solutions for immediate implementation
Docupace is a platform that integrates all the players in the life cycle of a document, from creation to archiving. The key component of Docupace is an application that enables users to convert any type of file into structured data, which can then be used to create unique, meaningful, and searchable documents.
- Free online document collaboration
- File sharing, document conversion, and PDF creation
- Document management and security
- Remote editing and review
- Automatic backup, revision tracking, version history
- Easy access to your team’s documents from any device
CartaDC is a free program that can help you make documents, maps, and diagrams, and then share them with other people. CartaDC is designed for artists, engineers, and computer scientists who need to make images for technical documentation, software manuals, web pages, and presentations.
- CartaDC allows you to draw your presentation in the form of a two-dimensional diagram or a three-dimensional model
- You can also choose to include your image in an e-mail message or a PDF file you send. By sending those files to people, you let them take advantage of their own copies of CartaDC.
DocLink free document management software that makes it easier to share files, links, and notes with your colleagues. You can use DocLink to collaborate on documents in progress, by having multiple people make edits at the same time. Or you can use it to have a “virtual whiteboard” where everyone can see what everyone else is writing.
- Real-time collaboration, no waiting to see if someone else has saved their changes yet. You see what they did as soon as they do it.
- sSmultaneous editing, both by yourself and by others. You and I are both writing our own copies of the text, but we can read each other’s and see the differences between them; we can even change what we’re doing based on each other’s input.
- Version control. You don’t have to worry about losing your work; you can always go back to an earlier copy if you need to, or choose a different branch in the document’s history and start from there.
- Fine-grained permissions for who can do what. For example, if you want only one person to be able to edit a section of a document, or if you want people to be able to create new sections but not edit existing ones, that’s easy with DocLink.
The Openkm is a free document management software for windows and Mac. It can be used in any company that shares its documents digitally. The goal of Openkm is to provide a simple, efficient, and secure solution for document management that works the way people want it to work.
- File are stored in their original formats and can be stored in any of them.
- It also has support for providing metadata about documents (author name, subject matter, category), and even exportable metadata (title and description).
- The data is stored in Amazon S3, which you can access from any web browser out of the box. It also support more cloud storage for example Dropbox and Google Drive.
The Zoho Projects is a powerful, easy-to-use online project management and document management system. Multiple projects, documents, task delegation, time tracking, time reporting, resource utilization, and more features are available at affordable prices.
- Zoho Projects has enhanced security features which offer you protection for your business data.
- With this unique feature, users can upload documents directly on the Zoho Projects server as well as have their own private folders. It gives them complete control over the documents within their folders and they can share these documents with others only if they want to.
- With this one tool, you can manage your projects, tasks, and schedule along with keeping track of all related documents in one place.
- You can also manage your resources by creating team members and assigning them to specific tasks or projects.
Bitrix24 is a cloud-based service that offers a broad range of business applications for social networking, CRM, ERP, invoicing, HR, and Project Management. With Bitrix24 you can set up intranet and extranet portals to share files and data with customers, partners, or team members securely. It gives you an intuitive, web-based way to store, organize, and share all your important business documents.
- The set of tools includes the Bitrix24 Drive (similar to Google Drive), which lets you store and access data from any device with an Internet connection.
- You can communicate and collaborate with your colleagues on projects without depending on email or long discussions that lead nowhere.
- You can correct mistakes in Word documents or PowerPoint presentations directly in Bitrix24 for all your team members to see. And you can also receive notifications about updates made by others.
Alfresco is an open source document management system that makes it easy to manage, share and sync your team’s documents, content and data. It allows you to choose which elements of a document are public and which are private, as well as which parts of the document can be edited by whom. You can also customize your Alfresco installation by adding plug-ins for additional functionality.